RPL Program – Edith Cowen University (ECU)
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community)
This qualification is exclusively delivered for Edith Cowen University (ECU) Nursing students (Except International Students).
This qualification is exclusively delivered for ECU nursing students (Except International Students) who completed;
the first 3 units of J46 MASTER OF NURSING (GRADUATE ENTRY)
First 8 units of C33 BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (NURSING)
First 8 units of Y76 BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (NURSING)/BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (MIDWIFERY)
The timeframe to complete the qualification is a maximum of 3 months.
This course is delivered through the below;
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Online Learning Materials and Assessments.
Face to Face Simulation Assessment
- RPL is provided for 11 units & work placements
- 2 Weeks of online learning
- 4 – 6 hours of Simulation Assessment in AICE CBD Campus.
Students are required to:
- Attend 100% of the course.
- Undertake some post-course session study and complete assessments. This may include reading and carrying out research in your own time.
- Be physically able to perform the tasks required of direct care including manual handling tasks.
- Wear comfortable appropriate clothing to classes including enclosed footwear for practical training (work placement may require you to wear a uniform).
Assessment evidence can be gathered from a variety of sources and will include some or all the following:
- Recognition of Prior Learning and/or credit transfer
- Summative and formative assignments
- Written reports and/or portfolio assessments
- Scenarios and/or case studies
- Simulation observation assessments
ECU Nursing Student who completed the first three (3) units of J46 MASTER OF NURSING (GRADUATE ENTRY)
First Eight (8) units of C33 BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (NURSING)
First Eight (8) units of Y76 BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (NURSING)/BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (MIDWIFERY)
- Provide academic transcript from ECU for the units completed
- Provide photo ID
- Provide a USI
- Provide National Police Clearance
- Provide Manual Handling Course Certificate
- Provide Hand Hygiene Course Certificate
- Not be on a student visa (this course is delivered for the Domestic Students only) or temporary resident visa.
This qualification requires successful completion of 13 units of competency consisting of 7 core units and 6 elective units. The elective units have been selected based on industry best practice, industry requirements and the specialisation and work outcome.
11 Units and Work Placement will be completed through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process and 2 Units will be completed through course work by student.
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support (RPL)
CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing (RPL)
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care (RPL)
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people (RPL)
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically (RPL)
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems (RPL)
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services (RPL)
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people (RPL)
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia (RPL)
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs (RPL)
HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures (RPL)
CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families (Course Work)
CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support services (Course Work)
Students enrolled in this course must meet the mandatory work placement requirement. Note: if need be, students are required to source their own work placement.
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a nationally recognised qualification for CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community).
Pathways to Further Study
Candidates may progress to further study within and/or across the community and health sector such as;
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
- HLT47315 Certificate IV in Health Administration
- HLT57715 Diploma of Practice management
If you are not already employed in the health care sector, our parent company, St Jude’s may be able to assist with potential employment opportunities.
The total tuition fees for RPL Program – Edith Cowen University (ECU) – CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) is:
AUD $450 Fee for Service.
Course Intake Dates and Enrolment
Please contact office staff on 08 6373 2425 to find out or any further queries related to the enrolment process.
|Course Duration||:||1 – 3 months|
|Course Delivery||:||Face to face and RPL|
|Campus||:||Perth: Mezzanine Level 109 St Georges Terrace | Perth | WA 6000|